Monday, August 18, 2008

We Did It!!!... (Provo Half Marathon)






Watch out Boston here we come!!!

Saturday, August 9th was the half marathon and I did it!!! I have to say I'm very proud of myself, and my cute friend Lisa who did the race with me. (Thank you Lisa! you are awesome!!) The race was a really great experience and I am so excited to do more of them. It did make me realize that I am okay to wait a little bit longer on running a full marathon. I will shoot for next year.
It was so fun to see Adam, Jonah, and Chase towards the finish line cheering me on. This really was truly a great experience mentally, physically, and spiritually. It made me realize how closely connected those things really are. That race helped me to see where I am at...and lets just say I have some room for improvement =) But I am excited to do it!

8 comments:

Allie said...

I will be there with you someday...

Corinne said...

Wow! I am so jealous! I wish I was there with you! You rock girl!

Julie Toone said...

That is awesome...to think we used to be workout partners...look at us now...me overweight and out of shape and you rocking a half marathon...save me!

Melissa Cantwell said...

Congratulations!! That is quite the accomplishment. I remember running the two half marathons that I did and it does take a lot of work. You are better than me though because I have sworn off a full marathon. You look fabulous!!

Chip and Lisa said...

Char- thank you so much for being my running partner/psychologist! I am so glad we were able to run this together and I had so much fun with you!!! It will be something I will always remember. We have to keep running!

Amanda said...

Charlynne,
Congrats! You are amazing - I am so impressed! And it's true, you do look great!
p.s. um, you were in Provo and did not call me?? For shame!

The Hiatt's said...

marathons are fun!! You go girl!!!

eden said...

congrats! Now we can add this to your list of wonderful things! You look awsome!