Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Burnt Cookies

This is the story of my life. I get trying to do too many things at once and the end result is burnt cookies!! Here I was so proud of myself because I was supposed to make cookies for our joint YW/YM boating activity tomorrow. I made them last night baked 2 pans and then refrigerated the dough to finish the next day. So I am trying to give Chase a bath, make lunch, start baking the cookies, get Chase dressed, answer the phone, help Jonah, check e-mail (yes, I recognize these are not complicated things, but for someone who struggles to multi-task it may as well be rocket science). I was doing so well I set the timer, checked the cookies when the timer went off, the cookies were not done so I would reset the timer...and that is where it gets me...those extra 2-3 minutes. Those extra 2-3 minutes is the difference between a perfect batch of cookies, and what I end up with which is very brown, crispy cookies, that nobody likes to eat except for Adam. So I burnt the last 2 pans of cookies. Now I will be purchasing store bought cookies (which is probably what I should've done in the first place...so much for being Betty Crocker!!) Once again my feeble attempts are thwarted of trying to multi-task. Why can't I just know that I must always FOCUS on the task at hand and then move on. FOCUS,finish, then move on, FOCUS,finish then move on. Instead I fool myself into believing this will be the time that I achieve accomplishing many things at once. I am Queen of "good intentions" but as my father would always say, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions". I'm not sure why he would say that. I only remember that he did. But it always made us laugh. We all know now where I am headed if thats true. I guess I will be able to tell Allie if in fact Kate really is "Cute as Hell" (refer to Allie's blog). Next time you catch me in the act of attempting to multi-task, simply remind me of these two words,"burnt cookies" Charlynne..."burnt cookies".

*For the record Allie I can already tell you she is much, much cuter than that!!

3 comments:

Allie said...

ha ha ha, I'm sorry about the cookies! I actually like crispy cookies, too, so bring them on over! Also, yes, we need to visit teach, so lets take her some cookies or something. (I'll make them!) j/k :)

Melissa said...

This is why I always let you go on the phone. It is okay Char, everyone has a "burnt cookie" quirk.

Chip and Lisa said...

Don't be so hard on yourself! You should know by now that every good mother has adult ADD and nothing gets all the way finished except for burnt cookies. Next time you do that bring some my way. I love burnt cookies but that probably because it's the only way they get made at my house.;)