Monday, July 7, 2008

In Loving Memory of Homey....




June 2006 - July 2008

Homey "the homing pigeon" died Monday, July 7, 2008. Homey was a kind, free spirited bird, who loved to travel and was friendly to all she met. Homey wasn't a very good homing pigeon, as she got lost, and that's how she ended up at our home, entering into our family...and our hearts. Homey was born June 18, 2006 in Magna, Utah (we really don't know this but for the sake of this obituary sounding a little bit more personal that's what we'll say). Homey was in our lives for a brief time but will be in our hearts forever. Homey died from being smashed on the road. We sense foul play, murder if you will, but have no evidence besides her lifeless body, and a gut feeling. If any of you have any information on the whereabouts of the smasher please contact us at 1-888-AvengeHomey. There is a reward for any information that leads to the finding and convicting of this ruthless murderer. Homey is survived by a few bees, perhaps a black widow, 2 lambs, and her family...us. It is not the years in life, but the life in the years. Fly home sweet bird, fly home.

7 comments:

Allie said...

ha ha ha, sad! Was jonah traumatized?

eden said...

Very Sad indeed, maybe you ought to contact the Relief Society so that they can arrange to have some meals brought in until you can get your feet back under you...

Charlynne said...

That's a great idea!! I'm going to call now and request for at least a month. I mean it's really going to take awhile before I'm going to feel like cooking again. Maybe they will clean my house too!!

Melissa said...

Char, you are killin' me. I was laughing outloud at work and there was some dirty looks given but when I told them my laughter was the laughter of the grieved I got a sympathy card. My deepest sympathies for your loss. My green bean casserole is being Fed Exed.

The Hiatt's said...

I know!!! I was truly sad when I saw her smushed in the road!!! REVENGE!!!

Jennifer said...

Who is Jonah going to speak pigeon to now?

Jennifer said...

Oh, by the way, you are funny. I thought you would appreciate that.