Monday, July 28, 2008

Chain Letter...Blog Style

So, I've created this blog for journaling, but I did this on my friends blog and it was kind of fun! If you're not into this kind of thing that's OK, I get it.The rules are: You leave a comment on here of a memory you have of me or my family. Big ones, small ones, what ever, doesn't matter. Then you post these instructions on your blog. If you leave a message for me I will assume that you are playing and I will leave a memory of you on your blog! So have at it....or not but I would love it if you did!

I copied the above literally (every word) from my friend Eden's blog. Thought it was fun...play or not, it's your choice. Except Eden there is no choice, you are already playing. You are actually the only one I am expecting to play...anyone else will be a pleasant surprise.

13 comments:

jessica said...

Hey guys!!! It's so fun to see your blog. We miss you guys ALOT! Okay, I'm laughing so hard about your last post regarding everyone else's really cute blogs! Mine is the same as yours baby...and I too would spend endless hours trying to figure it out if I ever had time to even update my blog in the first place! Maybe I'll give it a whirl...who knows. However, there is a very vivid memory coming to mind...dancing at your wedding...during YOUR dance. I seriously almost KILLED Cory that day! Ha ha ha! But, one thing is for sure...I can't think about it without laughing my head off! Our blog is coryandjess.blogspot, but I will email you an invite first. (Warning it hasn't been updated since May!) I have an email address for you, but if it's not current or for some reason it doesn't work email me. It's jessicacoombs@gmail.com. Your boys are darling! I can't believe how big they are! It's so fun to see them!

Allie said...

Obviously I have 3 million, but I remember the first time you hung out with us. You and Poulter came to the rodeo with us and you were singing "one boy, one girl" in my dad's old truck. And I think you spilled a snow cone on someone?? Does that sound familiar?

Charlynne said...

Oh my gosh Allie I totally forgot about that!! haha. Are you sure it wasn't Poulter who spilled the snow cone??!! =)

Charlynne said...

Jess!! It is so good to hear from you, we totally miss you guys. Adam & I would be so thrilled if you move back! I remember checking out your blog awhile ago and thinking how cute it was. I bet your boys are so big now too. I would love to see recent pictures. It was fun to see Cory awhile back when he was in town.

Anonymous said...

It has been forever!!! My memories are church dances and the young adult ward. I don't know if those are the best memories to have or not! You were always so fun to be around. I have enjoyed reading your blog and catching up on where you hve been for so many years. I am new to this whole blogging thing!!!

eden said...

Ok, Sister here goes! Should I just call this a list of wonderful things? You might kill me for putting this on your blog, but one of the funniest memories that I have is from the mission. You were so sick and you thought that you had worms (yes worms everyone, we were in brazil, having worms was like a chest cold) so you wanted me to look at your poop...and then sister Quiroz totally got her feelings hurt because you didn't ask her to look, so we all ended up in the bathroom checking out your poop... oh, and the excercise bikes. I too remember the village people. Mostly I just remember laughing we had so much fun, it's not often that I meet someone as funny as I am...:) I also remember how much you love your family, and you missed them like crazy, and that is how I became part of the "wonderful things" tradition. So here goes, you are so funny even after living in Utah (they haven't completely sucked the funny out of you), and smart, and I can tell that you are such a great Mom and Wife, and that you totally love your family, I can tell from your posts that you still love our Savior and have a desire to do what is right. You also have great eyebrows, and you were always very religious about brushing your teeth and flossing too. Mostly I think you are a treasure, it is not often in life that you can make a friend, and lose touch for lengths of time and then just pick up like you had seen eachother yesterday. Your friendship is a treasure to me. Like you said to me, give me some time and I'm sure that I can think of a million more memories, but after the whole poop story you might not want me to make anymore comments...just let me know if we're still friends after that one!:) Love your kidneys!

eden said...

I guess I should clarify...I the funny part of this story (to me) is that her companion got mad that she too wasn't invited to check it out, and by the way it was "all clear"

Charlynne said...

You are killin' me with the poop story. The funny thing is I was going to post that on your blog but didn't (don't know why,maybe because it was about poop=)But I laugh to this day that Sis. Queiroz got so upset/offended that she didn't get chosen to check out my business in the bathroom...I was much closer to you and you only ask people you are close to to check something out like that. That is the mark of a true friend someone you can ask to check out your poo and then actually be willing to. Maybe you could find a less "bodily function" memory? =)about me

Charlynne said...

Jodi! How have you been?! It has been years...a lot of years! How are you? where are you? what have you been up to? It is so good to hear from you. Wow!! that is whats so great about blogging you can find people and keep in touch better.

Anonymous said...

You can check out my blog at thehendershottfamily.blogspot.com/
It has been way too many years. I am still in Oregon. Actually have not gone far, living in Damascus. About 7 mins from my parents, which comes in very handy at times. Free babysitting!! I have been married for 9 years and have two kids. I worked for State Farm for 8 years and have been at home with my kids for the last 2 1/2 years. I loved reading your burnt cookies entry. It's so hard to mulit task with kids and everything that goes on in the house everday. Take care!!

Josh and Leslie said...

I have a lot of great memories Char...but the few that stand out are playing on the escalators at the airport and in the fountain outside with Stephan and also going to the Stare Fair to see Chicago and me spilling my T-Bell drink all over your car on the way! I felt so bad about that! And what would our lives be with our sweet times at T-Bell and TCBY....EVERYDAY!!

We went to Bill's baptism last Saturday...so cool! We are excited to get to know him better and have them in our ward! Love ya!

Melissa said...

Char - I have known you the longest and have many memories of you. Sharing a room with you was a fun experience especially telling you all the wonderful things about you before I went to bed. I am grateful that Eden was able to fill that void while you were on your mission. Speaking of your mission, I remember loving getting your letters with all the juice you didn't want to share with the whole family.

Remember that time at Market Street Grill where we finished all our food, cause it was so tastey and then talked about how funny it would be if we told the server to take our empty plates back, take it all back because it wasn't very good and we would be able to get our meal for free? I still crack up about that.

In fact I think many of my favorite memories growing up have you in them because we had so much fun being dorky nerds. I love you very much and I am so grateful that your my sister. She's smaller than I, sometimes I help her tie her shoes. She's my sister,and I hope that she will always be glad that I'm her sister too. Remember singing that song for a primary talent show with the Richies? I think I wore my "Mormon and Proud" shirt. Why did I always have the dorky shirts?? "Very Pushy" Love you!!

Jennifer said...

Well where do I start? Mrs. Meanbody and the choir of misfits is a good one. Watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer and than practicing our Buffy kicks in the kitchen afterward. "Jenny, come home, Buffy's on!!!" Trying to make up dances, da na na na na na ("NSYNC). "I've been the good guy." We can never make it through that without laughing. You taking me shopping when I was younger. Going into your bedroom and sneaking into your bed while you took a shower, your bed always seemed much warmer than mine. You "fainting" in your car so I would grab the steering wheel, which I never did. That time you took Keaira and I trick or treating and you made us go up to this house and I kept saying, "I think we have already been here." You kept saying we hadn't and when the man came to answer the door he says, "Haven't you two already been here?" My best memories are when we were just hanging out not really doing anything, those were good times and they are greatly missed. I love you and you have been such a great example and big sister to me.