
"I don't know on what planet you think it's ok to talk to your mother like that...but it's not this one". I think were my exact words.
So, I know that 40 is the new 30...but what I didn't know was that 6 is the new 16!! As us old people are getting younger, so are children are getting much older.
Jonah, bless his little/big heart is such a great kid. But with all of his "greatness" comes some great challenges. Yes, I know that I am being paid back for all the turmoil I caused my own mother. I just didn't know what I was up against. This morning I realized that I am already dealing with a teenager...but this teenager is in KINDERGARTEN!!! Have 6 year olds always had attitude? is it because he is MY six year old? did my genetic makeup cause him to mature far before his time? or are plastic container's and microwaves the culprits of our children turning into much younger teenager's??!!! Somebody please explain this to me? Maybe Oprah and Dr. Oz can get together and have a show about this microwave and plastic container thing. Those two things are my only explanation. It certainly can't be the genes =).
I realized today that I don't think mentally I have ever fully entered into adulthood. I mean I am 34 years old, so by all means I should be mature enough. But I realized that adult's don't fight with their children like they are siblings. That is another show for Oprah, and Dr. Oz. So for today's lesson I have learned: Even after all these years, I still don't know very much...AND that it is OK, because I can still keep trying. At the rate Adult's are becoming much younger and children are getting much older our children are bound to teach us a thing or two.




No comments:
Post a Comment