
I am not proud of this I admit, and maybe this is too much information...but those of you who know me well, know that I share way too much information all the time! So here it goes...I...am...a...picker. There I said it. I am a picker. I am not talking about nose picking. I enjoy to pick at things (except dead skin on sun burns. I have to draw the line somewhere=). It is not my finest attribute but nonetheless an attribute I do have. Anyways, the point of me sharing all of this less than desirable information is as follows. As I was putting Jonah to bed after the reading and prayers. I usually will lay by him for awhile, and this is where I get some of my best information & quotes from him. This is where he talks to me about his day, about what he's thinking, all sorts of good stuff. It is one of my favorite times of the day. As we were laying there he says this to me,"you can pick at my scratchy things on my arm if you want, since you had your birthday a few days ago". You have to know too that Jonah despises when I try to get his scratchy things (what we call them) on his arm. You also must know that this picking thing is something I don't even realize I am doing. If my hand even touches something that needs to be picked, I automatically pick without even knowing. Really I am the victim here. It must be genetic. Anyway my heart truly was full tonight to know that my son was willing to sacrifice letting me do something he really hates for his birthday present to me. Now that is what I call REAL love. And just so you know...I did not pick. Now THAT too is love. If only the world could be filled with more of that kind of love.




5 comments:
Charlynne, you are hilarious! I love that you are blogging again =). It was so fabulous to see you last week!
LOL! I agree with Amanda! You are very funny.
Dont feel bad about picking. My whole family picks.I didnt get the gene.... but if people come up to me and start picking at something... I dont care or even notice because I am used to it! LOL! no shame!
A Picker?! Me too! No wonder we're friends! Helarious! Ever seen a "Tweezerman" zit popper? Sounds disgusting I know, but it really is a versatile tool. Hours of fun and productive picking/popping. You should pick one up.
Really.
Oh Char! I love ya...picking and all!!! :)
Having been a victim of your picking I can truly appreciate Jonah's gift to you and your gift of not picking in return!
Post a Comment