Sunday, June 22, 2008
Driving in the car...
I don't know what it is about driving in the car, but it invokes the most interesting and funny conversations with my children. Actually, I should say child. Chase still can't really talk so he just listens to Jonah and I. Occasionally he will chime in with some of his jibber jabber. So, we're on our way to Target to get a little swimming pool for the back yard when Jonah asks, "Mom, how do babies get out of your tummy?" "Do they break through your skin?". I start to explain to him about Male & Female anatomy in a way that hopefully a five year old will understand. I talk to him about the V's and the P's (yes, I use the proper name of the anatomy as disturbing as that may seem). So after explaining to him how the baby comes out; He has a look of sheer terror and disgust and replies, "AHWWW, that would hurt!!!" and I say, "as a matter of fact it does...tremendously". Then he thinks about it for a bit and says, "how does a baby fit through that hole?". He just keeps saying, "that would hurt so bad!". Then he asks, "Do they put you asleep when you have a baby?, cuz then that wouldn't hurt if they did." "They should put you to sleep." I tell him no they don't put you to sleep although that doesn't seem like a bad idea. Then he says, "I'm so glad I'm a boy." He says, "Dads lucky too". "Are you sad that you didn't get to be the Dad?". Do you wish that you were a boy?". "Jesus is even smart that he is a boy." "I am so glad that he made me a boy".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
ahahaha! He is so inquisitive.
LOL!!! oh man... Kids are hilarious!
I wish they had put me to sleep:)!!! Man, I can't wait to see Jonah. Such a funny kid!
That is the best story!!! I love that he already has an appreciation for women and how tough we are.
Josh told me yesterday after we went through what happens and how bad it hurts..."no wonder girls are so strong and tough and good at karate...if they have to do that, boys could never do that!" Then he went on too about how glad he is that he is a boy. I guess the whole family is lucky...except for me that is...still waiting!
Char, you have a very smart child.
It was great seeing the boys, Jonah is so tall and handsome, I love the world from his view. He told me he would wear pajamas if I made them so I think I have another project to keep me busy! He is a very bright little boy.
Post a Comment